Author Topic: A bit embarrassing...  (Read 86 times)

Offline NorthumBryan

• View Profile
A bit embarrassing...
« on: June 18, 2022, 07:07:45 PM »
As the title suggests, a bit embarrassing, not me I hasten to add. Yamaha have had a promotion advertised for a while to test ride bikes, see new models etc over this weekend. I popped up to our local Yam' dealer (Ian Bell, about 1 mile from my house) and noticed a distinct lack of festivities. This was due to not having enough bikes, no MT10's, no XSR900's etc, etc. Yamaha are having 'supply chain issues' and it's been a bit of a flop. I did have a sit on the new dual tank XT700 World Raid which is quite lofty and surprisingly comy. A bit of a damp squib really.
Talking bollocks since 1965...

Offline Asmith61

• View Profile
Re: A bit embarrassing...
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2022, 09:28:24 PM »
That sounds like a real disappointment, at least you got to sit on something  lol

Yamaha are not the only ones to be having supply chain issues.
my wife has had 3 Dacia’s and ordered a new one in January and was told it would be available in April then was told June now it’s going to be September!!!!
She done the deal in January finding out how much they were giving for her car, and Apparently they are still going to honour the Agreement even though the car is being used daily so the millage will go up.

Offline NorthumBryan

• View Profile
Re: A bit embarrassing...
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2022, 08:36:37 AM »
Crikey, but fair play to the dealer for honoring a deal - a rarity these days  :thumb:
Talking bollocks since 1965...