Author Topic: I know we are heading out of lockdown but....  (Read 1822 times)

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
    • View Profile
I know we are heading out of lockdown but....
« on: May 05, 2021, 06:46:40 PM »
I don't feel as optimistic as I should, I should be planning trips, servicing the bike etc. I'm just not motivated  :wtf:

My name is Andy and I have a problem.
** Biker Friendly Campsite in West Wales **

Offline mr_diver

• The Rantings of A Crazed Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: I know we are heading out of lockdown but....
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2021, 06:56:39 PM »
I kind of feel the same.

Sitting in a cottage in Narbeth, but I feel like nothing has changed and we're about to repeat everything all over again.

Not making any special plans as I feel there's little point as it'll need to be cancelled anyway.

On that note, Andy you'll be seeing me Saturday as there is a Yorkshire type with a Strom in one of your cabins on the weekend.
We've planned a ride.

But apart from the basic check and needing to sort the loose head bearings I'm doing sod all to the bike yet.I think there's not much point in prepping a bike for the next 4k miles

Offline Fat Rat

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2021, 06:57:38 PM »
It looks like the weather will reduce the risk of you setting fire to anything.
** Biker Friendly Campsite in West Wales **

Offline Kwackboy

• BMW F800 GSA, Honda CB500s
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2021, 07:02:07 PM »
Don't think you are alone ....

Personally, the loss off spontaneity has zapped my enthusiasm and the thought of a "staycation" makes my skin crawl ...  :no:

Chief troublemaker 😬

Offline mr_diver

• The Rantings of A Crazed Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 07:21:50 PM »
There is no need to sully my reputation on this forum Andy.

I'm sure I'll manage it myself soon enough.  :lol:

Offline Mick B

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2021, 08:02:11 PM »
The 'bikes just about ready to go, just going to change the coolant and that's it.  vrrr
We had our accommodation in France (Normandy) cancelled the other day so need to find somewhere for a 10 day trip for June.
Thought about doing the NC500 but every motorcycle, motor home, caravan, car & push bike is going to be on it, so we'll give it a miss.  :crazy:
Quite happy to be riding the bike anywhere really so we'll find somewhere.  :thumb:

Offline NorthumBryan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2021, 08:00:34 AM »
I've just been up to Scotland for two nights with work (Aberdeen & Fort William) and the roads are already choked with caravans and rental campervans and it's only early May. The NC500 will be a test of patience in the high summer...
Talking Danish Pastry since 1965...

Offline Rusty Nuts

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2021, 09:06:23 AM »
It's going to be a peculiar year. Not everything is allowed yet, and not everyone is geared up for it, but the sun is coming and people are desperate to go somewhere, do something. The steak asian side of things will be overloaded. We've already seen evidence of clueless idiots filling the countryside with litter, "wild camping" in farmers' crop fields, getting lost up mountains clad in shorts & flip flops, etc..
I'll stay at home for a while longer, I think. Some of my favourite camp sites have already been crossed off my list in the last few years. When you see people park up next to your tent and the first thing they unload is a giant radio, followed by an industrial size barbecue, 6 crates of Stella and 10 plastic patio chairs... you know they've come for the peace and tranquility of the rural setting. This year, it'll be worse. Much worse.  :old:

Offline NorthumBryan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2021, 07:38:24 AM »
Sadly Mr Nuts, are fear you are correct. I think the UK accommodation scene will be packed out, prices will inevitably rise and (if we believe the meedja) they will be understaffed too as many people have left the hospitality industry. It'll take a few years to settle down I think.
Talking Danish Pastry since 1965...