Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]
General Bike Chat / Help please
« Last post by Asmith61 on February 28, 2024, 06:37:11 PM »
Help please
Under the seat of my Harley  are 2 heated gear harnesses, I was hoping my keiss heated jacket would simply plug in, but sadly it does not fit I should imagine it is meant for only Harley clothing  :bang:
I was wondering if anyone knew what plug type the Harley uses so I can get a connector to fit the Harley male connector to the Kiess female so that I can plug the jacket in ?
The Bikers Cafe / Re: New shower room
« Last post by NorthumBryan on February 25, 2024, 11:49:51 PM »
Cheers, it's definitely worth paying for 'proper' trades people  :thumb:
« Last post by Nagasaki on February 25, 2024, 07:38:49 PM »
Looking good.

My landlord could do with work like that but he pays cowboys to do the work :(
General Bike Chat / Re: Reminder to stay safe
« Last post by Nagasaki on February 25, 2024, 07:37:44 PM »
thanks.

I got a little lucky with this one. A reminder to watch those following distances!
« Last post by NorthumBryan on February 25, 2024, 07:54:10 AM »
Cheers, very happy with the end result and the repairs to the damage found by the clowns that did the shower room the last time. The leak (that wrecked 3 x joists) was caused by poor workmanship, very annoying. But, alls well that ends well as they say  :thumb:
« Last post by Asmith61 on February 24, 2024, 09:05:19 PM »
They have made a great job of that 👍
The Bikers Cafe / New shower room
« Last post by NorthumBryan on February 24, 2024, 01:11:39 PM »
While I was being poorly with Gastroenteritis we had the bathroom fitters in. It was less than ideal having a toilet down, but better than having to re-book a slot. Anyhow, we found three rotten joists and some mould & damp in the wall. All sorted now and it's looking good. Pics below -

« Last post by Asmith61 on February 23, 2024, 07:51:21 PM »
Yes Bugger. At least it was a slow impact and could have been a lot worse !!
Good luck with your recovery 👍
« Last post by NorthumBryan on February 23, 2024, 04:58:28 AM »
Bugger. Well, you're here to tell the sorry tale, so it could be worse. Lesson learned, etc, etc. I've done my scaphoid about 14 years ago when an oik pulled out in front of me and I stubbed my thumb on the steering wheel trying to avoid him. Took 6 weeks in plaster to sort out but was pretty much 100% after that.

Good luck & get well soon  :thumb:
General Bike Chat / Reminder to stay safe
« Last post by Nagasaki on February 22, 2024, 02:59:45 PM »
A reminder not to follow to closely in slow moving traffic.....

Bad habbit of mine and it finaly bit me on the ass as they say.

Appoching a set of lights that had changed to green so everyone was moving off as me and the car in front got to the traffic so we slowed but never stopped... until she decided to slam on the brakes and come to a stop from about 10-15 mph. Her car is a new 71 plate and it stopped IMMEDIATELY.. and I was just a little to close. Hit the back of her in full front and back brake as hard as I could.

Slow imacpt but an impact non the less.

Her bumper had a scuff and scratch to some of the paint work where my screen/headlight came into contact.

My bike has slightly bent forks. Was able to ride away and damaged mud guard. so not to bad overall.

Me... I did not fall off as it was to slow for that to happen but I did not come out of it ok.

Thanks to grabbing a fist full of front brake as you do when Cinnamon Swirl hits the fan my hand, arm and wrist took the impact. It hurt a bit after but was fine riding the rest of the way to work.

But during the shift the pain got worse and worse and I could not move it at all or hold any weight.

Over NINE HOURS in A&E (midnight to 9.30am) later with an xray it seems i might have fractured my scaphoid. So my had is in a brace to stop it moving up and down. Back in 10 days or so for a 2nd xray to confirm if it is fractured.

10 days off work as well.

So moral of the strory... keep your distance cus one day your luck will run out!

I used all my luck for this year by leaving my keys in my top box lock and they where still hanging there somehow when i got to work!  zzzzzz
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]